Who likes being sold to? Not many people do.
So when promoting your treatments and services, how can you promote what you do and avoid the horrible hard sell? How can you market in a way that enhances the long-term reputation of the practice and will have patients ASKING YOU about dental treatments?
I can tell you until recently while talking to my dentist about marketing, I had no idea he offered a solution to help with snoring. I also had no idea he could protect kids teeth with a custom mouth guard. What treatments do you offer that solve REAL PROBLEMS for your patients and how many of your patients know about them?
Even if THEY don't have a problem with a partner snoring, they may have a friend that comments that they've had a rough night. That may just be a door opening to a new patient enquiry.
How Can They Ask If They Don't Even Know?
What services do you offer that are flying under the radar? If your patients don't know you have a solution, they could be looking elsewhere.
Here's a few ways you could start sharing the news about treatments without the hard sell...
1. In Surgery Promotions
- New patient questionnaire. If you have new patients complete a patient registration form, it would be easy to add a question like "Is snoring affecting your sleep? We can help, just ask."
- Patients Story Book. If you have happy patients who are willing to share their experiences, build yourself a 'scrap book' of patient testimonials, stories and photos and leave it in reception for visitors to flick through. Try and cover a BROAD RANGE of treatments and services - highlight the breadth of what you do, not just the quality.
- It's an obvious one, but it still works... have posters in reception. But here's the thing, think about rotating them so you are promoting different treatments, services and products when people come back to see you next time.
- If you have the technology, how about a digital slideshow promoting treatments playing silently on a flat screen TV in reception.
2. Social Media
- Think of creative ways to use images and stories in your social media. The image at the top of this blog post is one idea you could post to your Facebook page.
3. Online Promotions
- Are your full range of services being promoted on your website or have you missed a few? Why not send your patients a quick email with a title like "Do or your partner suffer from snoring?" and when they open it, link it back to your web page, blog or promotional video.
What creative ways are you showcasing your treatments?